1) Government launches ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’to boost PMUY
- On 23rd September 2017, Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Mr.Dharmendra Pradhan launched the ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’ in Mota Ishanpur village of Gujarat.
According to Dharmendra Pradhan total one lakh, Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayats would be organized across the country in next one and half year to provide an interactive platform to the rural LPG users.
About 100 such beneficiaries- most of them women have participated in this LPG Panchayat. Mr Pradhan also inaugurated the Skill Development Institute at Adalaj near Ahmedabad as part of National Skill Development Mission.
2) Odisha Government launched ‘Sampurna Yojana’
- On 24th September 2017, Odisha Government launched ‘Sampurna (Sishu Abond Matru Mrityuhara Purna Nirakaran Abhijan) Yojna’ scheme for pregnant women, in Odisha.
- Under the ‘Sampurna Yojana’ scheme Odisha government will provide Rs.1,000 as transport cost for pregnant women to travel to the hospital from inaccessible areas arranging their own vehicles.
- This schemes covers villages where 102, 108 ambulances or four-wheeler vehicles cannot reach.The government has launched this scheme to increase institutional deliveries in order to reduce Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) and Mother Mortality Rate (MMR).
3) NITI Aayog and Government of Assam organises workshop on health sector reforms in Guwahati; launches SATH
- On 22nd September 2017, The Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Assam and NITI Aayog organised a health sector reforms workshop, in Guwahati.
- SATH- Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital Programme was launched in this occasion.This programme is a joint initiative of Government of Assam and NITI Aayog.
- NITI Aayog has selected three states for this programme: Assam, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka.
4) New interceptor boat V-409 launched
- A new interceptor boat (V-409) which is built by Bharathi Defence and Infrastructure Limited (BDIL) waslaunched at a function held at the Mangaluru Coast Guard yard on 24th Sept. 2017.
- Pavitran Alokkan, President and Head, BDIL, Mangaluru, said that by launching the new interceptor boat the company had a live order book of various defence vessels.It includes interceptor boats for Indian Coast Guard and auxiliary vessels for the Indian Navy.
- The 28-metre long, V-409 interceptor boat has aluminium hull and fitted with new generation of Arneson Surface Drive (ASD) which is drive by two powerful diesel engines of 1650 KW each.
5) Google honours Indian chemist Asima Chatterjee on 100th birthday
- Google Doodle celebrates 100th birthday of a renowned Indian chemist, Asima Chatterjee, who was also thefirst female Doctorate of Science in India from an Indian University.
- As per Google Asima Chatterjee’s research contributed to the development of drugs that treated epilepsy and malaria. Her most noted contribution to the field was her work on vinca alkaloids.
6) 7th ASEM Economic Minister’s Meeting held in Seoul, South Korea
- On 21st and 22nd September 2017, the 7th ASEM (Asia–Europe Meeting) Economic Ministers’ Meeting was held in Seoul, South Korea.
- Theme for this year’s meeting was ‘Innovative Partnership for Inclusive Prosperity’.The meeting was conducted under the Chairmanship of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of the Republic of Korea.
7) Masala bonds to be treated as ECB: RBI
- On 22nd September 2017, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that Masala bonds will be treated as External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) from 3rd October 2017.
- Masala bonds are rupee-denominated overseas bonds.Considering Masala bonds as ECBs will free up more investments by FPIs (Foreign Portfolio Investors).
8) Etihad Airways launches ‘Fly Now Pay Later’ scheme
- On 23rd September 2017, Etihad Airways has launched a ‘Fly Now and Pay Later’ scheme, in Abu Dhabi.
- This scheme provides an option for paying the ticket fare in monthly instalments.Etihad Airways is an Abu Dhabi-based airline.
9) Dabur India, Amazon tie up to launch ayurveda e-marketplace
- FMCG major Dabur India has tied up with e-commerce major Amazon for an online ayurveda marketplaceannounced on 24th Sept. 2017.
- It will house all ayurvedic brands and products available in the country.
10) Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian gets one-year extension
- The government has extended the term of Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian by one year till October 2018 announced on 23rd of Sept. 2017.
11) Rajni Kant Mishra appointed new DG of SSB
- Rajnikant Mishra will be the new Chief of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).The decision was taken by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
12) India bags 4 more Medals at 5th Asian Indoor & Martial Arts Games in Turkmenistan
In the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games at Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, India bagged four medals. Sajan Prakash of India finished second with the silver medal in the Men’s 100-metre butterfly event. Divya Gurling Shilwantand Pratiksha Chandrakant Parhar bagged a bronze each in women’s Alysh classic in 70 kg and 75 kg categories in the Belt Wrestling Discipline.
Wrestler Keduovilie Zumu from Nagaland won the bronze medal in the 90 kg category of Kazakh Kuresh style belt wrestling. Meanwhile, Sourav Kothari assured himself of a medal after winning his semifinal contest in men’s billiards singles against Thailand’s Thawat Sujaritthurakaran 3-0. India is at 11th spot in the medals tally with 5 gold, 7 silver and 7 bronze.
13) Angela Merkel Wins 4th Term as Chancellor of Germany
Angela Merkel won a fourth term as chancellor in Germany elections that lifted the far-right party Alternative for Germany into parliament for the first time since the immediate aftermath World War II.
Merkel’s Christian Democrat-led bloc took 32.5% to defeat Martin Schulz’s Social Democrats, whose 20% is its worst result since the war, the exit polls for national broadcasters ARD and ZDF showed.
14) MC Mary Kom, First Indian to be AIBA Representative at IOC Athletes’ Forum
Five-time world champion and Olympic bronze-medallist M C Mary Kom has become the first Indian to be picked as the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) representative for the Indian Olympic Committee (IOC) Athletes’ Forum.
The event, however, overlaps with the Asian Championship in Vietnam, which is scheduled from November 2 to 12. If Mary Kom is selected for the tournament after trials, her participation at the IOC event would become uncertain.
15) India Become World No. 1 in Both ODIs and Tests
India beat Australia by 5 wickets in the third ODI played between the two sides at Indore. The victory helped them to pip South Africa to claim the no. 1 spot in the ICC ODI rankings.
This now means that India is now at the top of both the Test and ODI rankings. This was India’s ninth consecutive ODI win while it is Australia 11ts successive defeat away from home.
You must be logged in to post a comment