What is new in AILET 2019?
With the release of official notification for the exam, the following changes are introduced:
- AILET Application Fee – The fee has increased by INR 50. Now, the general category has to pay INR 3050 and SC/ ST candidate has to pay INR 1050 to apply for the examination. Know more
- Seats Offered at NLU Delhi – For LLM Program, seats have increased by 20 i.e. now 40 seats are available under the PG Program. And for Ph.D. program, only 5 seats will be offered.
- For LLB and LLM Program, 15% seats are reserved for SC category and 7.5% for ST category.
AILET 2019 Exam Date (May 5), Eligibility, Registration, Exam Pattern
National Law University, Delhi will hold AILET 2019 on May 5 from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. The detailed schedule of the All India Law Entrance Test will be available in the 1st week of January 2019 at nludelhi.ac.in. With the release of official brochure, online application forms will also be available on the University website.
AILET Application Form 2019
- AILET Application Form will be available from January 3 onwards.
- Visit the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in to access the form.
- The last date to submit AILET EXAM FORM is April 7 and there is no provision for filling the form by paying a late fee.
The stepwise process to register for the law entrance exam is as follows:
Step 1 – Registration
- Visit AILET Official website i.e. nludelhi.ac.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Fill the required details – Name, contact number, email ID, parents’ name, address and date of birth.
- After filling the form, click on the Registration button.
- You will be redirected to Application Locker page, confirm the provided details.
Step 2 – Fill AILET Application Form
- Choose the college from the list of NLUs and click on ‘Click here to Apply’ button.
- On the next page, select the course from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After being redirected to the online application form of AILET 2019, you need to fill the form.
Step 3 – Uploading Images
- Upload the scanned photograph.
- Guidelines for uploading the photograph is as follows:
Note 1 The size of photo must not exceed 150 KB.
Note 2 The face of the candidate should cover at least 75% of the photograph.
Note 3 Scanned copy of photograph can be in .bmp, .jpg or .gif format.
- Click on “save” and proceed to the next step i.e. AILET Fee Payment.
Step 4 – Application Fee Payment
- The application fee can be paid via Credit Card/ Debit Card and Net Banking mode.
- Making payment through card, provide card no., and the expiry date.
- Candidates paying via Netbanking will be forwarded to the respective bank’s site where your account details are verified and payment is approved.
AILET Application Fee
The category wise details of AILET 2019 Application Fee are given below.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||1000|
|SC/ ST (Below poverty line)||Exempted|
AILET 2019 Admit Card
- The examination authority will issue AILET Admit Card from April 14, 2019.
- The document will be available online at nludelhi.ac.in.
Stepwise procedure to download admit card for AILET 2019 comprises of following steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of AILET 2019 – NLU Delhi.
Step 2: Enter your name and date of birth of the issued application number.
Step 3: Take a print out of your AILET Admit Card.
Step 4: Save e-admit card for future reference.
AILET Exam Centers
- AILET is held in 21 cities across India.
- They can choose an AILET exam centers while filling up the online form.
- The final allotted exam center is mentioned in AILET Admit Card.
Pattern and Syllabus for AILET 2019
The paper pattern is defined by the conducting body, NLU Delhi. AILET EXAM PATTERN for each of the BA LLB, LLM and Ph.D Programs is different. Following infographic gives a brief pattern that is common to all the programs:
AILET Exam Pattern of BA LLB
The exam consists of 150 questions. Each question carries one mark. Each incorrect entry and multiple answer entry is considered for negative marking. A negative marking of 0.25 is applicable. AILET 2019 question paper will contain the following sections- English, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. Sectional distribution of questions is as follows:
|Section Name||Maximum Questions|
AILET Exam Pattern for LLM
- LLM paper consists two sections- 100 Objective questions and one Essay question.
- The total marks for the exam is 150 – 100 marks for the objective section and 50 marks for the essay.
AILET Exam Pattern for Ph.D. Programs
- AILET exam for Ph. D programs consist of two papers- Paper 1 (Research Methodology) and Paper 2 (Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- Paper 1 contains 100 multiple choice questions.
- In paper 2, candidates have to submit a research proposal in 15 pages on the topic of their Ph.D. degree.
Syllabus for AILET 2019
Candidates appearing for AILET 2019 must be thorough with the complete AILET EXAM SYLLABUS The important topics for each sections are given below:
|English||Comprehension passages, Synonyms, Antonyms, Choosing correct words, Idioms and phrases, Jumble words and sentences, Fill-in the blanks|
|General Knowledge||History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics and Current Affairs|
|Basic Mathematics||Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Permutation and Combination and Venn Diagrams|
|Legal Aptitude||Study of law, Research aptitude and Problem solving ability|
|Reasoning||Logical and Analytical reasoning skills|
AILET Result 2019
- AILET Result is announced on the official website of NLU Delhi i.e. nludelhi.ac.in.
- The results will be available only in the online mode in PDF format.
- NLU releases result according to different categories.
- You need to search for your name in the list in the PDF.
- Along with the result, it also releases AILET Merit Lists.
Tabulated below is the schedule for the result declaration as per the program offered:
|AILET COURSE||AILET RESULT DATE|
|AILET BA LLB||May 24, 2019|
|AILET LLM||July 2, 2019|
|AILET Ph.D.||July 16, 2019|
How to Check AILET Result?
Candidates can check their results for AILET 2019 by following the steps given below:
- Log on to the official website of NLU Delhi i.e nludelhi.ac.in.
- Click on AILET 2019 Portal.
- Next, click on AILET 2019 Result.
- Fill in the details in all the required fields.
- Check and Download the results
AILET Score Card 2019
- All qualifying candidates will receive their respective AILET Score Card from NLU Delhi.
- The score card for AILET is dispatched on the day of declaration of results.
- It will contain a candidate’s name, roll number, total obtained marks vis-à-vis score in each of the subjects of law entrance exam.
- Candidates participating in AILET Counselling will be required to present their AILET Score Card.
AILET Cut Off
- On the basis of entrance exam’s result, AILET cut off is formed to short list candidates for admission into law programs.
- It is declared separately for all categories by NLU Delhi.
- Candidates meeting the standards will be entitled to receive the admission letter.
- AILET cutoff enables candidates to find out how many marks they require to seek admission in the law programs.
For admission in BA LLB programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 98 out of 150 for General category, 65 for Scheduled Caste, 60 for Scheduled Tribe, 58 for Person with Disability and 82 for Kashmiri Migrants. For admissions to LLM programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 85 out of 150 for General category, 70 for Scheduled Caste, 52 for Scheduled Tribe and 65 for Person with Disability.
Admission Procedure for AILET 2019
- AILET counseling will be conducted in offline mode by National Law University, Delhi.
- It will be held after merit list is published by the university on its website.
- The examination authority will issue the admission letters to the qualified candidates. Such candidates should remit the admission-cum-counseling fee for AILET 2019.
- In case a candidate fails to do so within the stipulated time, his candidature for admission in the law program will stand canceled.
- The admission-cum-counseling fee of AILET has to be remitted to the NLU admission office latest by the third week of June.
- Once the admissions are made in the first slot, a list of shortlisted candidates is issued by NLU Delhi for AILET 2019 Spot Counseling Round.
- AILET Spot Counseling Round will be conducted in the fourth week of June. It is the last round of AILET 2017 admissions. It will be valid for the candidates in the waiting list category.
- No further admissions will be made after AILET Spot Counseling Round.
AILET 2019 Counselling Schedule
|AILET 2019 Result Date (BA LLB)||May 24, 2019|
|Admission Letter Issue Date||May 24, 2019|
|Fee Deposition Last Date (1st List)||June 13, 2019|
|Spot Counselling Start (Vacant Seats)||June 25, 2019|
|Fee Deposition Last Date only for selected candidates in spot counselling||July 5, 2019|
|Admission Closed||July 25, 2019|
|Selected Candidates Interview||July 28-29, 2019|
|Orientation programme||July 30, 2019|
|Start of session/classes||August 1, 2019|
AILET Seat Reservation
The seat reservation standards are defined by the coordinating body as per the program opted. The following infographics inform the same:
For BA LLB Courses
|Persons with Disability||5%|
|J & K||2%|
For LLM Courses
|Persons with Disability||5%|